Sunday, July 14, 2013

Where did those wrinkles come from?

Gak! I'm approaching 54. That's mid 50s. Crap, that sounds old. Generally I'm pretty happy - ups and downs of course but for the last year mostly ups. Except for the aging part which I am really struggling with (in case it's not obvious.) 
It's weird, I feel no different than I did 10, 20, or even 30 years ago but when I look in the mirror I see stuff I associate with old people. I remember watching my mom putting on make-up when I she was in her early 50s (I was about 12) and thinking where did her eyelids go and what is with all that extra skin? 
In a spurt of personal growth (also can be read as fit of panic) I am reading more, eating better, taking yoga classes, meditating (at least trying to) and I have started making my own skin products.  I know personal growth is supposed to be an inward journey but looking good on the outside doesn't hurt either. Except for waxing, that hurts. And maybe Botox...

No comments:

Post a Comment